How to Register a Construction Project with NCA
The National Construction Authority (NCA) is a government organization that regulates, streamlines, and builds capacity in the construction industry.
Construction projects in the country have to be registered with NCA. This is a task that developers can do online. Below are steps on how to register a project with the agency.
Log on to www.nca.go.ke
- Click on the ‘Portals’ tab and then click on ‘Project Registration’, which will take you to the ‘Project Registration’ portal.
- Log in with your email address and password. If you don’t have an account register an account by following the instruction provided.
Filling and Submission
- Once you have successfully logged into the portal
- Click on ‘New Application’ and fill in project details,
- Upload all the required documents. Below are the documents
- The contractor and sub-contractor must be registered by the NCA and must have a valid practicing license for the current financial year.
- The project consultants must be registered with valid practicing licenses by their respective professional bodies.
- Approved architectural and structural drawings.
- Physical planning forms (county approval permits/letters/PPA2)
- Other statutory approvals (NEMA, EPRA, WRA, KCAA) where applicable.
- Bill of Quantities summary page duly signed and stamped by the Quantity Surveyor.
- Developer’s KRA PIN.
- Click on the submit button.
An email is sent to all consultants and contractors involved in the project.
Developers should ensure that the consultants accept their engagement by email.
The agency sends out an email to the developer requesting them to wait for a site inspection.
If details are missing, the application is sent back to the developer to review or act on the technical comments.
Issuance of Compliance Certificate
After a site inspection is done, the project is either approved or returned to the developer with comments. A compliance certificate with a unique project ID is sent out to the developer’s email within 7 days of approval – depending on the risk level of the project.