How To Withdraw Money From PayPal To Mpesa
Do you reside in Kenya and wish to transfer money from your PayPal to your Mpesa account? Don’t worry anymore. You’ll be relieved to learn that you can now link your PayPal and Mpesa accounts.
In this post, we’ll show you
- How to create an account with PayPal
- How to link PayPal to Mpesa
- How to withdraw money from PayPal to Mpesa
- How to top up your PayPal account via Mpesa
How To Create an account with PayPal
- Head over to PayPal Kenya Sign up Page
- Select Personal Account and Click Continue
- Input your Personal Details and Password. Ensure the names you use to register your account matches your MPesa names. If they don’t, you cannot link the two.
- Click Next
- Follow all instructions required to create and verify your account.
Once you’ve created the account, connect it to your MPesa number.
How to link PayPal to MPesa
- Access PayPal MPesa Page
- Click on Get Started
- You’ll be prompted to Log in
- Enter the phone number you’d like to link with your PayPal Account
- Click on Link your Accounts
- A one-time verification code will be sent to your phone number. Input it and click confirm.
Unless you failed to complete any of the prerequisites listed above, your MPesa and PayPal accounts should be linked at this time.
How to withdraw money from PayPal to MPesa
- Log onto your PayPal MPesa Account
- Click on Withdraw at the top Menu
- Enter the amount you wish to withdraw.
- Click on Continue to Withdraw.
The amount to be received in Kenya Shillings, the conversion rate, and the estimated transaction processing time will all be presented.
Click Confirm to begin the transaction.
Be patient as the money is usually deposited to your MPesa account within 1-3 hours.
PayPal allows you to withdraw as little as one US dollar and as much as Ksh 150,000.
Before withdrawing, ensure that the balance in your MPesa account plus the amount you want to withdraw does not exceed Ksh 300,000, the maximum amount of money that an MPesa account can hold.
What if you want to load a PayPal account from MPesa?
How To top up your PayPal account via Mpesa?
Topping up your Mpesa account is a straightforward approach if you wish to transfer money to someone’s PayPal account. To begin, convert the currencies to determine the amount of money to be transferred. In order to accomplish so, you must:
- Log in to your PayPal account and click on ‘Top-up funds’.
- Key in the amount you want to top up in US dollars and click ‘Calculate’.
- You’ll be redirected to a new page displaying the amount in Kenyan shillings.
- Now that you have the exact amount you’re meant to top up, you can proceed:
- Go to the Mpesa Menu on your mobile phone.
- Click on Lipa na Mpesa and select the Pay Bill option.
- Under Business number, key in 800088 and click enter
- Under Account number, key in your registered phone number and click enter
- Under Amount, key in the amount you were shown in Kenyan shillings
- Now key in your Mpesa pin and click send to complete the transaction.
Mpesa should send you a confirmation message, and PayPal should send you an email verifying the topping up of your account. In addition, as with withdrawals, PayPal charges a fee of 4% of the amount topped up. Mpesa transaction fees also apply.